SERVE THE COMMUNITY
The Carpenter’s Shelter
Each Wednesday morning we host a breakfast in our building that is open to anyone in the community from 6AM-8AM. We have a team of volunteers who serve by preparing food, setting up our space, visiting with guests, and cleaning up. To learn more, visit our Open Table page.
Any contribution of food for our Open Table breakfast ministry would be greatly appreciated and immediately used. If you would like to serve this ministry by providing food, whether just once or on a consistent basis, contact Brian to get a sense of what is needed. If you would like to simply donate funds to go towards the purchase of food, you can donate online or by designating your giving to Open Table. For more information, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVE THE CHURCH
Would you like to be a part of a team that helps to create a warm welcome to DBC guests and members each Sunday morning? A warm and hospitable environment on Sundays enables people to experience a sense of belonging and connection with others. If you are interested in serving on one of these teams, check out these opportunities:
- Greeters Ministry Team
The Sunday Greeters Ministry exists to establish and develop a unified-team effort to welcome visitors and members of DBC by creating an atmosphere of warmth, along with a welcoming and joyful spirit. Greeters create the first impression for our guests have of DBC and seek to make people feel comfortable and welcomed. If you would like to learn more about this ministry, please contact David Joseph at David.Joseph@ellucian.com.
- Sunday Fellowship Team
The Sunday Fellowship Team prepares the delicious treats and beverages for our fellowship hour on Sundays @ 10:30. This team is vital to our Sunday experience here at DBC and as they create a great environment for people to relax and connect with each other. If you would like to learn more about this ministry, please contact Cindy Smith at email@example.com.
In the Music and Worship area we have room for people in the following roles:
- Worship Team: If you have talent in singing or playing any instrument, we have room for you on the worship team!
- Technical Support: We have room for able and willing people to monitor and mix our sound, lighting, media and video production on Sundays. No prior training required, just an interest and willingness to serve as you are able. This is a vital “behind-the-scenes” ministry that is crucial to the life of the church, and your support will enhance our dedicated tech team. To volunteer for either the worship team or for technical support, contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately 85% of Christians make their commitment to Jesus during the ages of 4-14. Our ministry to kids at DBC, in Old Town and beyond, is vital. How can you help us share the gospel and make Jesus real in the lives of our kids?
- Sunday School Teachers, Every Sunday, 9:30 AM–10:30 AM
Current Need: 2nd Teacher for K-5 Class
Future Need: Two teachers for a Toddler’s Class
- Power Play Serving Team, One Sunday a month, 10:30 AM–12:00 PM. We appreciate that our babies, toddlers and preschoolers are curious and active by nature. Young children learn about themselves and the world around them through meaningful play. Power Play extends and enriches Bible content and everyday lessons to age-appropriate learning experiences through the power of play. The lesson plan and all materials for the learning activities are provided for our serving teams. All you have to do is review the lesson plan and come join the fun Sunday mornings. Serve one Sunday morning a month 10:30 AM – 12 PM in either the nursery or preschool classroom.
- Children’s Church, One Sunday a month, 11:30 AM–12:00 PM. We pack a lot into the 30 minutes! Our kid-friendly worship includes a praise song, offering, prayer, 5-10 minute lesson led by one of the week’s leaders and buddy prayers. Each child has an at-home devotional & Bible memory plan for the year. The topic for the week is explored during Children’s Church. Kids leave with a challenge for the week, helping them “Live It Out” in their homes, schools and communities. Volunteers serve once a month.
- VBS, July 10-14. About 50 kids from our community join us for a week of learning about Jesus and God’s love through Bible study, music, crafts, recreation and a missions project. In an effort to reach more unchurched kids, this year we are adding an afternoon engineering camp presented by Ascendly and hosting “Backyard Clubs” where we gather in neighborhoods to share the gospel. Join the team as a teacher, assistant, registration helper or Backyard Club host. Mark your calendar for the VBS clinic on April 1st.
Contact Krystal at email@example.com to sign up.
Each Sunday Morning there is Youth Sunday School from 9:30AM-10:30AM. If you are called to serve middle and high schoolers by teaching Sunday morning Bible study lessons and helping students apply the Bible to their lives, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counting Ministry Team
Come join a team that meets every 3 or 4 weeks to count, record, and deposit the monies given during worship services. This behind the scenes ministry is indispensable to the smooth operation of our church community! If you enjoy working with numbers and would like to learn more, please contact the office at email@example.com.
If you would like to volunteer in the office please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Computer experience is helpful.